Hi everyone! It always seems this way, when a month starts there is so much to read, to comment on, and to spend time digesting. But then, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
This post includes a few more than just 10 things, but bear with me, they’re all worth it:
1) Thunderclap 8 is published: http://mim.io/832872 and Thunderclap! Press is also honoring National Poetry Month with a poem per day, so check back daily:
2) JMWW Spring issue is live: http://jmww.150m.com/ and also Jen Michalski, our editor-in-chief has won an extra-ordinary prize:
3) Sara Lippman writes about writing like no other at Stymie: http://www.stymiemag.com/2012/04/sara-lippmann-why-i-write-from-both_02.html
4) Meg Tuite has three stunning shorts up at Unshod Quills:
Also, (yes, she is EVERWHERE!!!) find Meg at Mud Luscious Press, issue 19:
5) Sheldon Lee Compton has a new book looming largely on the horizon…here is your chance to pre-order before mayhem hits:
6) xTx is the Connotation Press interview of the week!!!
And, Bill Yarrow is interviewed at PIF magazine:
And, MaryAnne Kolton interviews Alice Hoffman at Her Circle:
7) This amazing story is in two parts, “Things,” by Saramago, up at Guernica:
8) **Spoiler alert- adult language!!! This piece at kill-> author, issue 18, from Meghan Lamb, listen to the audio for the superpimpfly version:
9) Leave it to wonderful friend and talented writer Christopher Allen to tip us to M.J. Nicholls’s blog and his “My Month in Books” posts:
10) Josh Denslow packs a wallop in “Everyone Continued to Sing” at Smokelong Quarterly:
12) A provocative insight into this book made into movie, ‘Hunger Games;”
Well, that’s a wrap for now. Have a safe and wonderful holiday! I will be reading my work in Boston on Friday night. Timothy Gager is hosting us in his Dire Literary Series. For more information here is the link: www.timothygager.com. I hope to see you there!