Setting record high temperatures here in Milwaukee, a possibility today! Something tells me the heat is on! Which means, this is quite the HUMP day indeed.
Here are 10 or more writerly-artistic things that have my attention lately:
1) Lost in Thought issue 2 has arrived!!! Contains such inspiring photography, with pieces like my “3 C’s,” accompanied by amazing images. Also includes writers Tuite, Tepper, Reese, Wong, Hoffs, Stancek, MAK, among many others. Thanks editor, Kyle Schroder!
2) Check out my new piece “Stand Here” up at Fictionaut, originally appeared in Durable Goods issue 58. Thanks, editor Aleathia Drehmer!
And, one more: “The First Time I Lied,” is up at Art Faccia. I just love this kickass site, thanks pal and editor, Jamie E. Reich:
3) Vouched contributor Tyler Gobble chats with Gregory Sherl at Smalldoggies: http://www.smalldoggiesmagazine.com/columns/vouched-satellite/interview-with-gregory-sherl/
4) Even indie authors have their day! Latest news about Cheryl Strayed:
5) I had the great fortune of reading with Chloe Caldwell at AWP and her new book of essays is out from Future Tense Books. Her recent Rumpus piece:
6) Have you checked out the all-women’s Sententia 4: What She Said? Editors extra-ordinare Paula Bomer, Jen Michalski and Amy King assemble great work from the likes of Tuite, Flick, Fowler, Lippmann, and so many others:
7) An exquisite interview with Michelle Elvy and Christopher Allen about being an “expat” author and so much more (and thanks for the mention, ME!!!). All on CA’s great travel blog:
8) I’d meant to mention this touching story before AWP and simply forgot. But it’s too good to let slip by. Josh Denslow brings it memoir style in “Say Goodnight, George” at The Lit Pub:
9) The new BULL: Men’s Fiction is here, contains “Houseboy” from Sara Lippmann, Also Ethyl Rohan, and many other fantastic writers:
10) I have a mash-up at Short Fast & Deadly’s new rigor.mort.us site! Thanks, editors Eryk Wenziak for the nudge, and Joseph Quintela. (Also a nod to Eryk for his e.e. cummings homage “since feeling is first” and Meg Tuite’s “Unsaid” for providing the words):
And, please, please help Flash Fiction Fridays to remain the #1 selection in Literature and Fiction at Lulu. Order your copy now: