There seems to be so much happening lately, I can barely keep up! I am so grateful that I was able to participate in the Alchemy for Writers 101 event last Sunday, held at a landmark, The Alchemist Theater in Bay View, Wisconsin. There were over 50 writers gathered, and my presentation was on (guess what?) Flash Fiction! I have to thank Mike Timms for all of his hard work in making this event come alive, as well as Sheila Julson for asking me to participate. And a nod to community spirit among writers! Alchemy for Writers | Project Empty Space
Here are some other current happenings:
1) I’m reading with the uber-talented Jason Lee Norman on his America’s Book Tour next Monday, July 23rd at 7 p.m. at the Riverwest Public House, 815 E. Locust Street. Here is more information: http://riverwestpublichouse.wordpress.com/ Please help us spread the word and bring your friends!
2) If you want to know a little more about Jason Lee Norman, read this interview with him at LitStack: http://litstack.com/?p=7882
3) xTx’s “Last Things” up at Thrush Poetry: http://thrushpoetryjournal.com/?p=1860&preview=true
4) Meg Tuite delivers the goods (when doesn’t she?!) for July Connotation Press, fiction issue: http://connotationpress.com/fiction.html. Includes Timothy Gager, DJ Berndt, Lisa Marie Basile, Harley May and so many others!
5) Casey Hannon is “Headless” at Matchbook! :http://www.matchbooklitmag.com/
6) Deep thoughts by Steve Almond at The Baffler: http://www.thebaffler.com/past/the_jokes_on_you
7) Press 1 is chock full of goodies. Including stellar James Claffey: http://www.leafscape.org/press1/v6n1/claffey.html. And the inimitable Marcus Speh: http://www.leafscape.org/press1/v6n1/speh.html. Also fine poet, James Valvis: http://www.leafscape.org/press1/v6n1/valvis.html
8) A wonderfully tender and sad story by Matthew Salesses at Guernica: http://www.guernicamag.com/fiction/high-schools-or-how-to-be-asian-american/
9) I have no clue how I missed this gem from Berit Ellingsen at Everyday Genius: http://www.everyday-genius.com/2012/05/berit-ellingson.html
10) Molly Gaudry’s lovely “No-Nation Woman” is up at Barrelhouse: http://www.barrelhousemag.com/no-nation-woman-by-molly-gaudry/
Thrice Fiction, July 2012 issue is out! My piece, “There’s No Place like Home” is included on page 36. Thanks, editor Bob Spryszac! http://www.thricefiction.com/pdf/ThriceFiction005X.pdf
July Blue Five Notebook: http://bluefifthreview.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/blue-five-notebook-july-2012-12-13/
NAP 2.8 is out!!!: NAP
New Sixth Finch: http://sixthfinch.com/mainsummer12.html